Current members can access the LGA Members' Section by clicking here.
To download a printable membership information brochure click here.
To download a printable membership application form click here.
There are currently three different categories of membership in the LGA: active, associate, and retired.
(1) Cities, counties, towns, and school districts of Virginia, which are represented by their civil legal counsel; and
(2) Virginia Municipal League and the Virginia Association of Counties, which shall be represented by their respective civil legal counsel.
(1) The Commonwealth of Virginia, represented by the Attorney General or his/her designee.
(2) Other local or regional government entities and departments of local government, or entities concerned with municipal law, who are represented by their attorneys; and
(3) Attorneys who engage in a practice specializing in one or more facets of municipal law.
A civil legal counsel who was formerly engaged on a full-time basis to represent a city, county, or town and who is not otherwise eligible to be an associate member, and who wishes to maintain a social affiliation with the LGA.
One's membership in the LGA coincideswith the LGA’s fiscal year, September 1 through August 31. In the latter part of August, the LGA will automatically send all previous year’s members an invoice for the coming year. If you have any questions regarding LGA membership and/or invoices, please contact Susan Custer.